Welcome to the MouseQuest Podcast- Your guide in the quest for the perfect Disney vacation. This is episode number 31. This week on the show we will be answering questions about visiting the Disney parks with special needs or when dealing with a disability. One of the things we love most about the Disney Parks is how accommodating and welcoming they are to all kinds of people. We hope to share with you some of the many ways that Disney makes their parks accessible to the guests that may need some special assistance. Questions this week include:
- Could you tell us about some of your personal experiences in the parks when bringing someone who has a special need?
- We know that Disney in general is very accommodating towards all types of people. Could you tell us about some of the assistance Disney provides for people who are visually or hearing impaired?
- You’ve mentioned before that you’ve had to deal with dietary restrictions at Disney, could you share some of those personal experiences with us? Are there any options for people with other types of special dietary needs like food allergies or special diets?
- Many guests who visit the Disney Parks have issues with mobility. If a guest who has a mobility issue is visiting for the first time, what can they expect at a Disney park?
- What would you say to someone with a special need or a disability who wants to visit WDW or DLR but may feel nervous about it?
Appearing this week are Dawn Gosdin, Rich Grady, Amy Leto, Marci Smith, and Gayle Turner.