Welcome to the MouseQuest Podcast- Your guide in the quest for the perfect Disney vacation. This is episode number 30. This week on the show we will be answering questions about the merchandise you can find in Walt Disney World. From Mickey Plush and ear hats, to snowglobes and Turkey Leg air fresheners, it seems like there is no limit to the souvenirs you can find. We hope that our discussion today will help you find the perfect item on your next visit. Questions this week include:
- It seems that Disney has really tried to draw people in with their collectible merchandise. There are SO many things that you can get and collect from WDW. The two items that come to my mind as some of the most popular are the Disney pins and Vinylmation sets. When I was collecting pins there were times I felt really overwhelmed because there were so many and no way that I was going to be able to get them all. So as a collector yourself, how do you decide where to start and when to stop?
- As a person who LOVES to shop, what are your go-to locations in Walt Disney World for unique merchandise?
- When families visit Walt Disney World many of them come with a tight budget, what are some items you can recommend that are great Disney Souvenirs but won’t break the bank?
- For the visitors that may only visit Walt Disney World once every 5 years or more, what are your top 5 quintessential pieces of Disney merchandise that every guest should have?
- In addition to the incredible amount of merchandise that is available throughout the year, there are many opportunities to buy limited edition items at special events that can be difficult to get. What type of strategy is needed in order to get one of those hard-to-find items?
- Of everything you have ever purchased at Walt Disney World, what is the one thing that is your favorite?
Programming note:Due to the podcast team’s summer schedule, MouseQuest Podcast is taking short break from our weekly schedule. We will return with a new podcast on July 26th.
Appearing this week are Tom Corless from wdwnt.com, Dawn Gosdin, Rich Grady, Amy Leto, and Marci Smith.