Choosing a resort hotel when staying at Walt Disney World will not only be one of the biggest parts of your vacation budget, it will also be one of the biggest make-or-break parts of your vacation. We all know that if your resort accommodations don’t meet your expectations then it can ruin your whole vacation.
Welcome to the MouseQuest Podcast- Your guide in the quest for the perfect Disney vacation. This is episode number 70. This week on the show we will be continuing our resort series as we hop on the monorail and visit the Polynesian and Grand Floridian and Contemporary Resorts. The loop around Bay Lake would not be the same without these three amazing properties. Each one is unique and offers so much in dining, entertainment, shopping, recreation and much more. Questions this week include:
- Let’s start with the first monorail stop from the TTC and also one of the two original resort properties that opened with the Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Now, we know that currently there are a WHOLE lot of renovations happening there, but let’s not focus on that at the moment. What can you tell us about the Poly?
- We covered a lot of what we love about the Polynesian, but a lot is changing. Can you tell us about the construction that’s going on and what the current plans show for the future?
- Next in the Monorail lineup we have the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. What can you tell us about this flagship resort?
- Lastly, we come to the other resort that was one of the original two that opened back in 1971, the Contemporary. Tell us all about one of my personal favorites.
- Which of the monorail resorts is your personal favorite and why?
Appearing this week are Amy Bechtol, Dawn Gosdin, Rich Grady, Marci Smith, and Amy Yacullo.
Welcome to the MouseQuest Podcast- Your guide in the quest for the perfect Disney vacation. This is episode number 44. This week on the show we will hear all about runDisney’s Tower of Terror 10 Miler from one of the thousands of runners who participated in this exciting event. Dawn was able to complete this race and enjoy the Hollywood Villains Bash afterward. We look forward to hearing all about it.
The Tower of Terror 10 Miler began its inaugural year in 2012 and instantly became very popular. It is unique in the runDisney universe as a 10 Mile Nighttime race through Disney’s Hollywood Studios and ESPN Wide World of Sports. Disney villains can be found along the course, which is made up of various terrain including grass, pavement and sand.
In addition, we also answer a listener question regarding construction activity as the Polynesian Resort.
Appearing this week are Dawn Gosdin, Rich Grady, and Marci Smith.