October 23 – If you are looking to bling your MagicBands you can now do that right in the Magic Kingdom. The new MagicBand on Demand is located inside the Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. near Space Mountain. (Link)
Welcome to the MouseQuest Podcast- Your guide in the quest for the perfect Disney vacation. This is episode number 45. This week we will be answering questions and discussing our recent experiences with the testing of MagicBands at the Walt Disney World Resort. For quite some time now Disney has been working on this huge project that was known as ‘NextGen’. It has since been tested an has evolved over time into MyMagic+. After months of waiting for the full rollout of this system, Disney has nearly completed its testing phase. We recently visited WDW and had the chance to personally try out MyMagic+ and the Magic Bands in particular. Questions this week include:
- What exactly are Magic Bands and what are they used for?
- What tools are available for guests to use in order to make the most of their Disney vacation while using Magic Bands?
- I know there has been some concern that the RFID technology used in the Magic Bands could make guests susceptible to identity theft or have their information exposed in some way. Is that something guests using this service have to worry about?
- After being able to use the Magic Bands, what are the top 5 things you think every guest should know about using them?
- Right now MagicBands are still in the testing phase, but once that concludes and MyMagic+ is officially rolled out, how do guests participate in the program? Can they opt out?
- What was it like for you personally using the MagicBands?
Appearing this week are Dawn Gosdin, Rich Grady, David Smith, and Marci Smith.