One of our favorite treats at Walt Disney World is Mickey Waffles. Typically, during every Disney vacation we sleep in late one morning and order Mickey Waffles from room service. It’s a great treat… especially the sleeping in part!
This post contains affiliate links. If you chose to buy any of the products using these links I will receive a commission.
Here is my recipe for Mickey Waffle that keeps my family remembering our recent Disney vacation.
Kitchen Supplies Needed
2 C Flour
1 tBanking Powder
¼ t Salt
1 T Sugar
1 t vanilla
1 ¾ C Milk
½ C Oil
Makes 8 Mickey Waffles
- Plug in Mickey Waffle Maker to preheat
- Mix dry ingredients (Flour, Baking Powder & Salt) in one of the medium mixing bowl.
- Separate Eggs – Put yolks in medium bowl, Put whites in small bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients (Egg Yolks, Vanilla, Milk & Oil)
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Fold in egg whites
- Using a ½ C measuring cup pour batter into waffle maker – do not over fill
- Close waffle maker
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes then check for doneness by opening lid
- When waffle has reach a tan appearance remove from waffle maker
- Top with butter and maple syrup as desired.
Chocolate chips, blueberries and other fruits can be added. Simply add your favorite topping after you have placed your batter into the waffle maker.
Sue Nowicki is an alumna of the 2014/15 Disney Parks Moms Panel. She splits her time between planning her next Walt Disney World vacation and being team mom to ten high-energy volleyball players where she fills the roles of secretary, navigator, head cheerleader, treasurer, athletic trainer and team psychologist. You can follow her on Twitter @MQPodcast.