Friday, January 13 begins a new era for Epcot with the kick-off of a brand new festival. The Epcot International Festival of Arts will run for six weekends ending on February 20. Billed as the perfect combination of art, entertainment and food, there will be something for all to see, hear and taste.
FESTIVAL OF SIGHT
It is an art festival, after all. Therefore, the show stopping events will be the visual exhibits, seminars and workshops.
These exhibits will take place at the Odyssey Festival Showplace.
- American Heritage Gallery – American Adventure
- Art of Disney – Future World West
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery – Japan
- Gallery of Arts and History – Morocco
- House of the Whispering Willows – China
- Mexico Folk Art Gallery – Mexico
- Stave Church Gallery – Norway
- Walking Chalk Gallery – World Showcase
These exhibits will take place throughout the World Showcase.
Seminars and Workshops
Sit in on complimentary talks featuring popular Disney artists, illustrators, Cast members and guest-perts as they discuss the basics behind their art and learn a variety of artistic techniques including animation drawing, cake decorating, photography and more.
PhotoPass Special Magic Shots
Festival Guests can cross the Delaware with George Washington, scream along with Edvard Munch or embody Monet’s impressionistic flair at immersive photo stops throughout World Showcase. Photo locations include: American Adventure, Future World Fountain Stage Plaza, Italy and United Kingdom.
Fun for the Kiddos
There are also some fun activities for the little ones. You won’t want to miss these fun experiences.
Experience the magic of Disney animation at this fun and informative drawing class taught by actual Disney artists.
Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt
Begin by purchasing a World Showcase map and stickers at Pin Central, Disney Traders or World Traveler. Visit each country’s pavilion in the World Showcase to find artwork in a Figment-themed frame, then locate our purple dragon pal within the picture.
Once you’ve found Figment, simply attach the corresponding location sticker to the correct pavilion on your map. Turn in your completed map at Disney Traders for an artsy surprise!
Interactive Wall Mural
Head over to the World Showcase Plaza to watch creativity come alive as Disney artists create a giant mural—or grab a paintbrush and join the fun!
Kidcot Fun Stops
Kids of all ages can pick their palette, grab some brushes and create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece during the Festival’s art-filled odyssey all around World Showcase!
World Showcase: Destinations Discovered Tour
Take this comprehensive 5-hour World Showcase tour and immerse yourself in 400 years of culture, food and history. From the streets of Paris to the Bavarian countryside, discover the iconic architecture that’s inspired Disney animators for years while learning how the 3-D replicas are created for each pavilion.
Attendees will also feast on a fabulous international lunch at the Rose & Crown Dining Room. To reserve your spot, call (407) WDW-TOUR or visit the Odyssey Festival Showplace. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. The cost for this tour is $116.09 per person with a 15% discount offered to Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa Cardholders.
FESTIVAL OF SOUND
Festival Guests can catch Broadway-inspired productions of popular Disney classics, groove to smooth jazz, jive to an a Capella vibe, keep time with marching bands or listen to local choirs.
And don’t miss art that unfolds before your eyes and other entertaining surprises for audiences on the go. With so many magical happenings to choose from, you and your family can celebrate in true Disney style!
Disney on Broadway Concert Series
- January 13-16 and 20-23 – Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland perform songs from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Mary Poppins, Tarzan and The Little Mermaid.
- January 27-30 and February 3-6 – Kerry Butler & Kevin Massey perform songs from Disney’s Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Newsies and Tarzan.
- February 10-13 and 17-20 – Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White perform songs from Disney’s Aida, Aladdin, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid.
These shows will take place at the America Gardens Theatre Fridays – Mondays at 5:30pm, 6:45pm and 8:00pm.
Community Arts Showcase
Check out local musical acts such as the American Music Machine, an a capella pop group with an urban flair, jazz ensembles and some of central Florida’s top high school, college and university talent as they take center stage through a partnership with the Disney Performing Arts program. These shows will take place at the Future World Fountain Stage and Plaza. The performances will vary throughout the day. Make sure to check your times guide when you enter the park.
Art in Performance
Watch renowned Disney artists Stephen Fishwick and Trevor Carlson create a dash of Disney magic on canvas—right before your eyes. All around the World Showcase, living art statues strike a pose while chalk artists replicate works by the world’s greatest masters—on canvas as well as the park’s sidewalks.
FESTIVAL OF TASTE
Prepare your palate for art-inspired dishes with a delicious Disney twist! Foodies can feast on delightfully themed fare featured at special food studios along with the year-round eateries.
Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dinner Package.
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package adds an enchanting flavor to breakfast, lunch or dinner at select Epcot restaurants. Sit back and relax over a leisurely 3-course meal or full buffet, depending on the location—then enjoy priority seating for the 8:00 PM concert that night. Participating restaurants are Akershus, Beirgarten, Coral Reef, Garden Grill and Rose & Crown.
Let Them Eat Art!
Discover colorful fare that paints an exquisite picture of gastronomical perfection—only at the World Showcase in Epcot!
Art critics and gourmands alike can enjoy a feast for the eyes as well as the palate! Explore a world where food imitates art as the epicurean elite converge to create mouthwatering magic that rivals the masters.
- E = AT^2 – Embark on an edible adventure with delicious dishes that dazzle!
- Cuisine Classique – Prepare to be amazed with these hearty braised bites and traditional Old World delights! Read More
- Prepare to be amazed with these hearty braised bites and traditional Old World delights!
- The Artist’s Table – Satisfy hunger with these savory plates—all prepared using oven and stove-top techniques! Read More
- Satisfy hunger with these savory plates—all prepared using oven and stove-top techniques!
- The Painter’s Palate – Sample this palatable palette of delicacies that looks as good as it tastes… mangiare! Read More
- Sample this palatable palette of delicacies that looks as good as it tastes… mangiare!
- Pop Eats! – Unearth the tasty treasures and tantalizing textures of modern art-inspired eats! Read More
- Unearth the tasty treasures and tantalizing textures of modern art-inspired eats!
- Decadent Delights – Indulge in a gallery of divine delectables that transform dessert into a fine art! Read More
- Indulge in a gallery of divine delectables that transform dessert into a fine art!
- The Masterpiece Kitchen – Raise your glass and celebrate this fabulous fusion of food and wine—cheers! Read More
- Raise your glass and celebrate this fabulous fusion of food and wine—cheers!
Additional Festival Locations
Delight your appetite with mouthwatering morsels, nibbles and noshes from these year-round food stops:
- Block & Hans
- Joy of Tea
- Fife & Drum
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie
- Funnel Cakes
- Japan Pavilion
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Canada Pavilion
- Disney Traders
- Future World East
- The American Adventure
- El Arista Hambriento (The Hungry Artist)
- Tangierine Café
- Refreshment Cool Post
- Refreshment Port
You can find more information on menus and performance times on the Epcot International Festival of the Art official website.
Sue Nowicki is an alumnae of the 2014/15 Disney Parks Moms Panel. She splits her time between planning her next Walt Disney World vacation and being team mom to ten high-energy volleyball players where she fills the roles of secretary, navigator, head cheerleader, treasurer, athletic trainer and team psychologist. You can follow her on Twitter @JazzinDisneyMom.