Cranberry Salad is a Thanksgiving staple. However, not everyone is a fan of the tart flavor, especially the little ones. By adding some crushed pineapple with black cherry Jell-O this will be a family friendly cranberry salad your whole family will love.
- Bring 3 C Water and whole bag of cranberries to a boil.
- Open can of pineapple and drain. Reserve juice.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice with enough cold water to make 1 1/2 C.
- Place pineapple water in refrigerator until ready for use.
- When all (or most) of the cranberries have popped remove from heat. (See pic)
- Drain cranberries and reserve water.
- Combine 1 1/2 C of reserved hot cranberry water with Jell-O. Mix well.
- Add cold pineapple/water to Jell-O. Mix well.
- Add drained, crushed pineapple. Mix well.
- Add drained cranberries. Mix well.
- Place in refrigerator for at least four hours or until use.
- This is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time to save you precious Thanksgiving morning time.
- This is an very easy recipe to include the kids.
Sue Nowicki is an alumnae of the 2014/15 Disney Parks Moms Panel. She splits her time between planning her next Walt Disney World vacation and being team mom to ten high-energy volleyball players where she fills the roles of secretary, navigator, head cheerleader, treasurer, athletic trainer and team psychologist. You can follow her on Twitter @JazzinDisneyMom.