Starting today we will be posting a new recipe every other Friday. It’s our mission to post recipes which hit the Big 3: easy, healthy and inexpensive. While we won’t hit all three all the time, we will do our best.
Are you looking for an easy-to-make weekday recipe which won’t break the budget? Check out this recipe for Easy Chicken Stroganoff which is not only inexpensive but good for you. This is one of those fabulous recipes which can be prepared on a night when you have a late volleyball game or committee meeting and goes to show you it is possible to eat healthy when you live a busy lifestyle.
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 cans Fit & Active Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 16 oz. container Fat Free or Light Sour Cream
- 1 envelope of Onion Soup Mix
- 1 package of Egg Noodles
- Salt to taste
Makes 6 servings
- Mix cream of mushroom soup with one (1) packet of the onion soup mix
- Pour soup mixture into a crockpot lined with a crockpot liner**
- Place chicken in crockpot and spoon soup mixture over chicken
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Approximately 30 minutes prior to serving mix in the sour cream.
- Approximately 10 minutes prior to serving prepare the egg noodles according to package directions.
- To serve place one cup of egg noodles in a bowl. Place chicken on top of noodles and spoon sauce over.
- Salt to taste and serve.
**TIME SAVING HINT: A great time saver is the use of a crockpot liner. Gone are the days of soaking your crockpot overnight then using a great deal of elbow grease to get it clean. Crockpot liners are a busy mom’s dream. You simply throw the bag away and rinse the crockpot. Easy peasy!
I always like to make recipes that lend themselves to leftovers for lunch the next day. That in itself will save me as much as $10/day which, as you will notice, is almost exactly what the meal costs showing that meals like this can actually pay for themselves.
For this recipe I shopped at my local Aldi. I did not take advantage of any sales.
Sue Nowicki is an alumnae of the 2014/15 Disney Parks Moms Panel. She splits her time between planning her next Walt Disney World vacation and being team mom to ten high-energy volleyball players where she fills the roles of secretary, navigator, head cheerleader, treasurer, athletic trainer and team psychologist. You can follow her on Twitter @JazzinDisneyMom.
This post contains affiliate links.