And so it begins… another year of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
Today starts the two month festival celebrating unique cuisines, delectable desserts and luscious libations. Some of this year’s featured event include:
Beverage Bootcamp features master sommelier and distillers explaining the history, production and tasting of wine and bourbon.
Beverage Seminars are held each day at the Festival Center, Vineyard Stage 1:00pm, 3:00pm and 5:30pm. There are seminars for wine, beer and spirit connoisseurs. These demonstrations cost $15 per person. Reservations can be made online or by calling (407) 939-3378.
“What’s Cookin With…” features some of the most famous chefs in the world holding hour and a half seminars every Friday and Saturday at Festival Center, Chef’s Showcase. Some of the chefs include Robert Irvine, Jamie Deen, Buddy Valastro, and Cat Cora. The cost of the seminar is $129 per person. Reservations can be made online or by calling (407) 939-3378.
Eat to the Beat Concert Series with performers Wang Chung, Starship, Air Supply, BoDeans, Fuel, Sugar Ray, Los Lobos, David Cook, Wilson Phillips, Blue Traveler, Plain White T’s, .38 Special, Jeffrey Osbourne, Tiffany, Dennis DeYoung, Christopher Cross, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Chaka Khan, Billy Ocean, Living Colour, Hanson, Soul Asylum, Delta Raw, Boys II Men, Sister Hazel, and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
Global Marketplaces featuring local dishes from such destinations as Africa, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hawaii, Ireland, Caribbean, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, New Zealand, Patagonia, Poland, Scotland and South Korea.
Grand Tasting Events include:
- Rockin’ Burger Block Party held at the World Showcase Events Pavilion on Fridays. The cost for this event is $199 per person for the VIP Nosh Pit Seating, $119 per person for reserved seating and $99 for general admission. Reservations can be made online or by calling (407) 939-3378.
- Party for the Senses held in the World Showcase Events Pavilion on Fridays and Saturdays and has different themes throughout the festival such as Disney Springs’ Chefs, Disney Parks Chefs, and Yellow Masquerade. The cost for this event is $329 for Wine View Lounge, $199 for reserved seating and $169 for general admission. Reservations can be made online or by calling (407) 939-3378.
- Tasting Samper features a voucher for 8 food or beverage items through the Festival. The cost is $59 per person.
- IllumiNations Dessert Party offers a delicious dessert buffet with reserved viewing location IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Reservations can be made online.
- Eat to the Beat Dinner Package allows you to eat at some of the best locations in all the World Showcase then have VIP seating for that evening’s Eat to the Beat Concert Series. Reservations can be made online or by calling (407) 939-3378.
- Remy’s Hide and Squeak is a scavenger hunt around the World Showcase were the young and the young-at-heart can find stickers which lead to an ultimate surprise compliments of Chef Remy.
Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It features special classes on interesting topics such as Sushi 101, Tequila Tasting, Cabernet & Chocolate Tasting and many more. Reservations can be made online or by calling (407) 939-3378.
Specialty Dining & Pairing such as French Family Meal Traditions, Hibachi Experience, Italian Food & Wine Pairing Luncheon, Japanese Craft Beer Tasting, Mexican Tequila Lunch and Parisian Breakfast. Reservations for these events can be made by calling (407) 939-3378.
Special Kiosks sponsored by Village Farms, Farm Fresh, Florida Craft Breweries, Chocolate Studio, ABC’s The Chew, and the Brewer’s Collection at the German Pavilion.
For more information on the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival check out some of our other blogs and podcasts on the subject: