Welcome to the MouseQuest Podcast- Your guide in the quest for the perfect Disney vacation. This is episode number 110. This week on the show we are going to discuss what it’s like to visit Walt Disney World with severe food allergies. There are so many families who deal with life threatening sensitivities to certain foods and although planning a vacation around that can seem intimidating, we want you to know that it does not have to be overwhelming. Walt Disney World has been described as one of the most accommodating destinations for guests with food allergies, and we’re happy to share our personal experiences with you. Questions this week include:
- What is your personal experience with food allergies?
- If someone suffers from life threatening food allergies, what steps should they take before their visit?
- What is the process for dealing with food allergies at a table service restaurant? Counter service?
- Do you have any tips for avoiding cross contamination in the parks?
- What would you say to families with life threatening food allergies who may feel apprehensive about taking a Disney vacation?
- What is your #1 tip for a family visiting Walt Disney World with food allergies?
If you are planning to visit Walt Disney World and and suffer from food allergies, these quick tips can help you!
1. Visit the Special Dietary Requests page on the Walt Disney World website.
2. Contact the Special Diets Team at Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com, or by phone at (407) 824-5967.
3. When making Dining Reservations, be sure to make note of any allergies you may have and request a consultation with the chef. You can make dining reservations by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. You can also make reservations online HERE.
Have a wonderful trip!!
Appearing this week are Amy Bechtol, Rich Grady, and Marci Smith, along with special guests Janice Brady from Adult Side of Disney, Suzanne Chan from Mom Confessionals.com, and Anastasia Weis from Teacups and Turkey Legs.
Connect with us!
MouseQuest on Twitter: @MQPodcast
Amy Bechtol on Twitter: @uccats97
Rich Grady on Twitter: @michigansahd