– Written By Kate Melody
The pre-order price for Memory Maker is $149+tax, and purchasing it once you are in the parks is $199. We purchased this for our last vacation that included my immediate family, my parents, and my brother’s family. Since we shared the cost, it became only $50 per family. If you are staying on property, Memory Maker is even more convenient because it is linked to your Magic Bands! Be sure everyone in your group is linked as Family and Friends in your My Disney Experience account, and you have given them permission to view and purchase your photos under the “Edit” options of the Friends and Family page. Once that is done, everyone in the group can add PhotoPass Photos to the Memory Maker account simply by using their Magic Band.
When we travel as a large group, we like to do a few activities and a meal together each day, but we also like to have individual family time. Using Memory Maker on our Magic Bands allows our family to capture photos whether we are together or not. We can add a photo of my boys’ latest ride on Space Mountain while my niece is adding her Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique photos, no need to be in the same place at the same time!
Make the most of your Memory Maker by using these tips:
- Make sure you are correctly linked up with photo sharing capabilities in My Disney Experience before your vacation starts.
- Consider matching shirts. I know, to some this sounds “goofy”, but it makes photos of large groups look more cohesive, and it has the added bonus of making your group members easier to find.
- Book a family meal or two that includes a photo! Currently this includes Chef Mickey’s, 1900 Park Fare, Cinderella’s Royal Table, ‘Ohana, Akershus, Tusker House, Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, and Mickey’s Backyard Barbecue.
- Be willing to try different poses the PhotoPass Photographer suggests. This can make for some fun photos that are different than the typical family photo in front of the castle. You may even see a little something or someone extra has been added to your photo later, if you are lucky enough to get a “Magic Shot”!
- Although everyone in the group can add photos to the account with their bands, only one person can actually download the photos once the vacation is over. Pick someone who is technologically savvy to make sharing the photos after the trip easer. The photos can be uploaded to a share site or portable storage device such as a flash drive.
- Once you have downloaded the photos, they are yours to use as you wish. Disney has photo items you can customize and purchase, but remember you don’t have to use the Disney site. Your favorite photo sites such as Shutterfly or Snapfish may have coupon codes available for prints and custom photo products, which may be a better value for you.
So if you have a group large or small with an upcoming Walt Disney World vacation, consider adding Memory Maker! While the trip will eventually end, your photos will be there to remind you of your magical vacation memories.