Welcome to the MouseQuest Podcast- Your guide in the quest for the perfect Disney vacation. This is episode number 63. Today we will be answering questions all about visiting Walt Disney World when you’re expecting a baby! What happens when you plan a Disney trip and then realize that you’ll be visiting while pregnant? Is it still safe to travel? Will there be attractions that you can still enjoy even though you’re expecting? We look forward to addressing many of the concerns you may have about traveling while pregnant or traveling with someone who is. Questions this week include:
- If someone is pregnant and planning a Disney trip, the first thing they should do is speak to their healthcare provider and address any special concerns they have about traveling, but as a general rule, when is it considered ‘safe’ to travel while pregnant?
- For the dads who are listening, what are your top 5 suggestions for a person who is traveling WITH someone who is pregnant?
- If someone has never visited Walt Disney World before they may think that if you’re pregnant, the only thing you can really do is sit on a bench or watch the shows. What types of attractions will a person still be able to enjoy while they’re pregnant?
- One question that some have asked is: Since a person who is pregnant will not be able to ride all of the rides and attractions, is there a less expensive ticket available for them? Also, what can a person who is expecting do while others in their group are on the restricted rides?
- As a person who works in the nursing field, what would you say are your top 5 tips someone should know if they are going to be visiting Walt Disney World while pregnant?
Appearing this week are Amy Bechtol, Dawn Gosdin, Rich Grady, Kate Melody, and Marci Smith.
To submit a question for the show, please go to the MouseQuest Podcast website, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (30.0MB) | Embed