Welcome to the MouseQuest Podcast- Your guide in the quest for the perfect Disney vacation. This is episode number 58. This week on the show we will be jumping into our second episode of the Disney Cruise Line Spotlight series. This will allow us to focus on one ship at a time and then expand the series and cover what a Disney cruise is like, good times to sail and the different cruising destinations. Last time we discussed the Disney Fantasy and today we will be looking into its sister ship, the Disney Dream.
As always, we’ll start with some background information on the Dream from the DCL website. The ship is the third vessel in the Disney fleet and reflects the glamour of the golden age of cruising during the 1930’s with a classic early 20th century design. The interior showcases original artwork, decorative murals, beautiful statues and woodwork topped off by a bronze Admiral Donald statue in the Atrium lobby. The Dream also had the exciting privilege of introducing the AquaDuck, which was the very first water coaster at sea. Like its’ sister ship, the Dream is an incredible 130,000-tons, has a total of 14 decks with 1250 staterooms that can accommodate 4,000 guests. 1,458 cast members travel onboard as well and strive to make each cruise vacation a magical one for the guests. Questions this week include:
- Let’s again begin with the Staterooms; can you give us an overview of what the rooms are like on the Disney Dream?
- A few episodes ago when we spoke about the Fantasy, Amy told us a lot about the kids clubs, which are second to none on a Disney ship. Can you tell us about these spaces on the Dream as well as other kid friendly activities?
- We both know that on a trip to Walt Disney World with kids it can be difficult to get away for some alone time. It’s very different on a Disney cruise because there are so many things for each member of the family to do that moms and dads can easily take some time for themselves. What kinds of things does the Dream offer for couples to enjoy together?
- Can you tell us all about the dining options on the Disney Dream?
- What would you say are your top 5 things to experience on the Disney Dream?
Appearing this week are Amy Bechtol, Dawn Gosdin, Rich Grady, Corinne Leon, and Marci Smith.