Welcome to the MouseQuest Podcast- Your guide in the quest for the perfect Disney vacation. This is episode number 40. On this week’s show we will be answering questions all about the most recent theme park added to the Walt Disney World Resort – Animal Kingdom. Join us as we share our favorite rides, shows and attractions of this beautiful park that is “Nahtazu”.
It was on Earth Day – April 22, 1998 that Disney’s Animal Kingdom park opened to guests. Not only is it the largest single Disney park in the world, but it was also the first to focus on and reflect Walt Disney’s passion for animals and dedication to conservation. It serves as a beautiful home to more than 1700 animals across 250 species. There are 7 themed lands in Animal Kingdom – the Oaisis, Discovery Island, Camp Minnie-Mickey, Africa, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Asia and Dinoland USA. Back in 2011, Disney partnered with filmmaker James Cameron to work on bringing the world of Pandora to Animal Kingdom. This new area is scheduled to open within the next few years. The park is represented by an intricately designed, very large, Tree of Life in which you can see many different types of animals carved into its trunk and branches. Questions this week include:
- For those guests who have not visited Animal Kingdom before, how would you describe the park in a way to show them that it’s not just another zoo?
- In a park that is dedicated to animal care, research and conservation, the animals are the real attraction. What would you say are your top 5 choices just to experience the vast animal life available in Animal Kingdom?
- Let’s talk about dining! There are some very interesting cuisines represented in Animal Kingdom. Could you tell us about some of the dining locations available and which ones are your favorites?
- In addition to all Animal Kingdom has to offer that just focuses on animals, there are also many other rides, shows and attractions to experiences. What would you say are some of those that a guest shouldn’t miss?
- What would you say are your top 5 experiences not to miss in Disney’s Animal Kingdom?
Appearing this week are Dawn Gosdin, Rich Grady, Amy Leto, Marci Smith, and Liz Weimann.
To submit a question for the show, please go to the MouseQuest Podcast website, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (41.9MB) | Embed