Welcome to the MouseQuest Podcast- Your guide in the quest for the perfect Disney vacation. This is episode number 38. On this week’s show we will be answering questions all about the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow – or Epcot. On October 1, 1982 Walt Disney World opened this second theme park, which is more than twice the size of the Magic Kingdom. Join us as we discuss our favorite rides, shows and attractions of the park that celebrates human achievements through imagination, wonders of enterprise and concepts of a promising future.
Epcot is very unique in that its pavilions and attractions are created not only to entertain guests but also educate them as well. To give our listeners a quick overview, the park is made up of two sections – Future World and World Showcase. Future World has a number of pavilions and attractions that focus on innovation, science and technology such as the History of communication, Space Travel, Energy, Motion, The Sea, The Land and Imagination. World Showcase features 11 countries from around the world and in them explore cultural aspects of each one. Currently the countries included are Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, The American Adventure, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom and Canada. Obviously this park is huge and we won’t be able to cover everything it has to offer but we can talk about the highlights and help others know what not to miss when they visit Epcot. Questions this week include:
- When some people view Epcot as being an educational park they may see it as boring or not having enough for kids and families to enjoy. Does your family enjoy Epcot?
- Epcot is probably my favorite place in all of Walt Disney World to eat. There are so many different options to choose from and so many cuisines from all around the world. What are your top 3 Counter Service and top 3 Table Service restaurants in Epcot?
- As many different restaurants that Epcot has to offer it also has a LOT of shopping. Where do you like to go to find unique souvenirs in Epcot?
- One of the best things about World Showcase is the variety of shows and performers it offers. What would you say are the top 3 shows in Epcot that everyone should see?
- If you could list your top 5 things to do in Epcot with your family, what would they be?
- What is your favorite thing to do in Epcot?
Appearing this week are James Cameron, Dawn Gosdin, Rich Grady, Amy Leto, and Marci Smith.